When people ask me what I do for a living I still find it odd to say, “I’m a photographer.”
I never intended to become one. It’s not something I’ve been doing since I was a kid.
It was a complete and total accident – but the best accident.
And I love it because of people and the moments they give you.
You know how your kid (whom you love more than anything else on this earth) makes that one squinty face? It’s not a total smiley face or a serious face, but kind of in-between. And it’s not something that most people even notice. But you do. And you love it. I love it too and my job is to capture that for you. Not just the smiles but the real kid deep down.
The older I get, the faster time seems to be passing me by, and the more I want to preserve every moment and memory with my children. The best way I’ve found to do this is through photographs. Every single picture tells a story and I would love nothing more than to tell your family’s story. It’s why I do this. I also do it for the wedding cake. I LOVE wedding cake. I also tear up at every single father / daughter dance at every wedding I shoot. It’s my favorite part of the entire day.
Since this page is supposed to tell you about me, here are ten totally random facts . . .
1. I have four kids. Yes, that is correct, four. And I don’t think any of them look alike.
2. I love coffee. So much.
3. I’m totally a dog person.
4. Chocolate milk is totally under-rated.
5. My girls all have “boy names” so often times people think I have four boys, when I really only have one.
6. I moved to Phoenix after college and came right back to Nebraska four years later. There is no place like Nebraska. For reals.
7. My favorite restaurant is Pei Wei and they don’t even have one in Omaha :(
8. I have my bachelor’s degree in Aviation.
9. I shoot Canon. I have no idea why I picked it over Nikon or Sony. I just did.
10. My favorite photographs are the ones where nobody is looking at the camera.
Please look around my site, check out the galleries and if you see what you like, hit that “Contact Me” button at the top of the page to shoot me a message. I would love to work with you.
The photo above is my family. Taken a few days after my youngest was born by my super talented friend, Ashley Crawford.